- Framingham scores could predict cognitive decline better than a standard dementia score Paris, France - Two Framingham risk scores are more strongly associated with cognitive decline than a dementia risk score and could be a better...
- One in 10 U.S. Kids Diagnosed With ADHD: Report About 11 percent of school-age children in the United States -- and 19 percent of high-school-age boys -- have been diagnosed with attention-...
- 2nd largest NIMH-funded study on ADHD demonstrating no sustained benefit from continued medication treatment. From the abstract: "Medication status during follow-up, on versus off, did not predict symptom severity change from year 3 to year 6...ADHD in...
Quietmind Foundation collects, maintains, and constantly updates an extensive database of resources, all of which we make available to the pubic, either online or by request, including:
- an in-house lending library of books
- published research, journals, and bibliographies
- a comprehensive collection of videos and news articles
- an extensive database of similar and complementary research, treatment, and business organizations as well as scientists, inventors, manufacturers, and practitioners
- the latest neuropsychological and neurophysiological assessments, tests, and equipment
- the latest neurofeedback and related equipment product specifications and effiacy comparisons.
We are also a worldwide nexus for contact with similar leading-edge businesses, researchers, innovators, and inventors. At Quietmind Foundation, we disseminate, develop, promote, advance, and apply our collective knowledge.
Here are a few examples of our many efforts:
- Providing administrative and technical support for the Philadelphia Nervous System Working Group, which brings together health care professionals interested in learning and promoting alternative approaches to health and well-being
- Briefing U.S. Congressman Geoff Davis and the Office of Veterans Affairs and the Veterans Administration on the application of neurotechnologies for treating traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Presenting at the 2009 International Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease (ICAD) in Vienna, Austria, on non-drug, noninvasive treatments for dementia
- Setting up volunteer information booths at state and local community fairs
- Delivering lectures and workshops to PTAs, VFWs, political groups, retirement communities, charities, religious organizations, and spiritual communities
- Ongoing featured expert in news articles and television reporting.
Call 610-940-0488 if you are interested in hosting or sponsoring a Quietmind Foundation presentation or event.